Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{A GIRL} YOU SHOULD KNOW // ROSANN KONIECZNY

I love letters. Their form, their design, their shape as an object, their way of conjuring complex emotions with their simplicity. When I get a new font specimen book in the mail I pour over it like it's a long awaited love letter. I. Love. Letters. I have always wanted to try my hand at calligraphy and, believe me, someday I will. But for now I will leave the beautiful art of hand lettering up to people like Rosann Konieczny.

Rosann began her career as a graphic designer specializing in hand lettering and type design. Then motherhood called and her career took a different path. She was able to pursue her passion for hand lettering and her desire to provide a unique and personal service. Rosann is a Minnesota based artist who has clients from around the nation. She specializes in wedding stationery, but also has clients like The American Institute of Architects, Minneapolis Saint Paul magazine, Twin Cities Business Monthly, Carlson Companies, and Fantasy Flight Games.

I am just waiting for a client to come to me wanting a letterpress hand lettered invitation or business logo. I know just where to go.

P.S. {A Girl} You Should Know is a new post category highlighting a Minnesota wedding professional. And yes, sometimes it will be {A Guy} You Should Know.




No comments:

Post a Comment