Friday, July 17, 2009

IN THE STUDIO // MINNESOTA BRIDE FEATURE

I am so very excited to share my feature in Minnesota Bride Magazine {on newsstands now}. I feel like I've arrived. I have been featured on various blogs {here, here and here for example} but seeing one's work in a bright, big, glossy magazine is a totally different experience. I'm hooked.

The featured invitation is one I did for a good friend of mine. I talked about the favor here last week. This was a very urban wedding. Kristin and Darren love minimal design but they also wanted a classic touch to the invitations. I accomplished this by using a combination of classic and modern fonts, an un-traditional layout and minimal ornamentation. They decided to go with a reply postcard and a map as well. I illustrated the map in much the same way as the invitation and reply. A mix of modern in the illustration of the streets, and classic in the place markers and ornamentation.

The cd favor is a bit of a departure from the stationery suite in that I added a script font and there are many rotated elements in the layout, but the ornamentation remains as does the overall feeling of the rest of the pieces. This design is available as part of my semi-custom Wedding Collection where the design stays pretty much the same yet wording, fonts and colors are up to the bridal couple to chose.

Thanks to Minnesota Bride for featuring one of my favorite works.




No comments:

Post a Comment